The Community Development Department is here to assist our community to become the most livable community west of the Rockies! We work to guide and promote development that is vibrant, safe, provides a healthy life style and has a broad and balanced range of land uses. We strive to support a community that provides quality employment opportunities with a mix of job types, has a diversity of housing, has exceptional medical and educational facilities and is child and senior friendly.
Key Functions of the Community Development Department
- Preparation of citywide and neighborhood plans
- Permitting services for residential and nonresidential development
- Maintaining the Grand Junction Comprehensive Plan
- Providing information related to zoning, setbacks, and other land use questions
- Providing development review services for new development
- Providing annexation services for properties coming into the city
Grand Junction Speaks
Participate in City of Grand Junction government online at Grand Junction Speaks.
Comprehensive Plan Update
The One Grand Junction 2020 Comprehensive Plan Update draft Final Plan is now available for public review and comment. City staff continues to work with the consultant team Houseal Lavigne and Associates (HLA) and the Comprehensive Plan Advisory Committee (CPAC) on a final draft that will be provided to the City Planning Commission and City Council. The following is a schedule for adoption of the 2020 One Grand Junction Comprehensive Plan:
- Planning Commission – December 1, 2020
- City Council – December 16, 2020